Thursday, October 14, 2010

Walking with Christ

I'm on the institute council here at EAC and every Monday at our meeting we receive a challenge to do for the week. Last week we had a challenge to imagine that one day of the following week we had Christ walking right beside us the whole day. I got busy that week and simply forgot. I was reminded this week at the meeting and decided that I would definitely do it this week. Today was the day I decided to do it. It was a very neat experience. It really effected my thoughts about other people. I tried harder to see the greatness in everybody and to not to speak ill of anybody (I kind of have a problem with them). It also effected me in the car with the music I was listening to. It was an eye opener for me to see all the things that I could change about myself if I knew that Christ was walking right beside me all day.

On the other hand, there were some real highlights to my day because of this. Like in choir we are singing "My Song in the Night," a song of prayer to our Heavenly Father for help in the midst of darkness and trial. Imagining Christ standing next to me while singing this made it more real and made me more passionate about it. Also, tonight I was singing through some solos preparing for The Messiah that EAC does every year. These songs are all about Christ and his life, hence it is called "The Messiah." It was a touching experience even though I was just practicing these songs to be singing about a man who I had imagined to be with me in person all day.

I know that Christ is always with me and can see ALL my actions and read ALL my thoughts, but sometimes that is forgotten in the busyness of life. Today was a great reminder of what everyday should be like. If you would like to do the same, I challenge you to do so. It is a great way to evaluate your life. I hope that you will be better than me and not have to change much to accommodate the special guest. I also hope that you will have as sweet an experience with it as I did.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm going to try this and see what happens. Thank you for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaron--I am so happy I just discovered your blog!! And I love this post--so true! :)

    ReplyDelete