Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Graduation!!

So guess what everyone!

I'M GRADUATING FROM EAC IN 2 YEARS with an Associate of Arts (Music)!!!!
(It takes most people 3 years)
Awesome, RIGHT?! I'm so proud of myself. I told myself I would do it and I did it. Graduation is next Friday, May 14, and I can hardly wait! It seems like it was just last year, if even that, that I graduated from high school. Crazy that I already have another graduation so soon. But so exciting at the same time.

I wish I could say along with that great news that I would be moving on with my life and going to a fabulous University where I would be continuing my education and getting my Bachelor of Music Education and graduating with that in 2 or 3 more years, but I cannot.

I told myself all my life that I would not be one of those people that end up at EAC for eternity or 3 years, but yet, here I am... I will be back next year, but at least I'll already have my associates! My plans originally (like since before I graduated high school) was to spend 2 years at EAC and then go on to get my bachelors at NAU like my sister Angela. Well apparently that isn't what was supposed to happen, at least not right now. I was accepted into NAU but not into their School of Music (which, not to toot my own horn, but shocked me and everyone who knows me).

I thought and thought about what I was going to do next year because I didn't apply to any other school because I didn't want to go to any other school. I mean, I have already put $400 into NAU alone and didn't get in, I didn't want to have to spend that kind of money on other schools that I didn't even want to get accepted into. So as I contemplated and talked with my parents, the only answer that came clear was to come back to EAC for one more year and stay with music and institute. So that is what I will be doing. Taking choir, orchestra, and a few institute classes, all the while preparing for a mission! I will also be auditioning for the BYU School of Music (a VERY VERY hard music school to get into, but I figure why not try??)

Who knows what will happen in the next year, but whatever is in store for me, I know that it is the Lord's plan and that all will work out the way it is supposed to.

2 comments:

  1. I love your plans! Congrats on graduation and congrats on your goals; stay home, prepare, mission, BYU I got chills reading your post, I'm just your aunt but everything sounds right to me! And your temple is so beautiful--I can't wait to go after the dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jear! I know things will work out for you!

    Stay focused on your goals and remember to enjoy this time in your life!!

    ReplyDelete